29 August 2011

OFSC Easter Classic 2011 - The Surgeon

Oldfartsurfer No. 68 is known as The Surgeon because of the precision with which he cuts through the ocean on his big ski.
(The Surgeon slics into a wave out wide)
Known for his goal setting prowess, the Surgeon, was determined to be first participant in the water at first light for the fantaastic Old Farts Surf Co. Easter Classic 2011.  "I have to be in the water first" said the Surgeon, "otherwise I feel like and underachiever".
(The Surgeon continues slicing without affecting the inside surfer)
"We allow all surf vehicles in our events" said OFSC Head Honcho, the Mexican, "it aligns with our various credos such as 'not giving a rats what you ride as long as you ride it' and 'any day you surf is a good day'".
(The Surgeon slices on down the point as the Mex enters with the water)
According to the Surgeon "I  use a big racing ski which allows me to catch any wave I want way out wide and stay out there away from anyone I may have dropped in on."
(The surgeon cuts a fine line past the Mex)
The Surgeon was soon joined by The Mexican on his 9'6" McTavish stand up paddleboard.  "It was such a lovely morning and I thought if he can ride something different so can I" said the Mex.
(The Mex chats to The Surgeon as he slices past)
The Surgeon is currently in hard training to represent the Old Farts Surf Co. in the Coolangatta Gold ironman competition.  "My goal is to finish, preferrably not last" puffed the surgeon to reporters at a recent training session.
Click here to see the previous related post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mex, interesting photo series. Photo one clearly shows the mal rider dropping in! The surgeon is already on the wave, and so the mal should give way. But then again surgeon is out so wide it doesn't really matter.

As you say, it was a classic day, and I'm looking forward to the next OFSC classic surf comp. I will bring more rubber next time.

R

Oldfartsurfer said...

You make a good point Rouge. The OFSC applauds the sharing of waves amongst its tribe.